librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] https error

From: Franko Burolo
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] https error
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 00:52:33 +0200

Now, I am not an engineer, nor a coder at all... But the tricky part would seem to be making loggin in, scrobbling and interacting with other users to work with the same credetials. I personally don't mind connecting with GNU Social for getting social features on Libre.fm, but this way it all seems kind of complicated for the noob eventually searching an alternative to Last.fm.
I don't know... Would the single sign on solve it for people who don't already have a GNU Social account?
It also depends on what is really the target population here. Is it meant to eventually become a full-feldged free alternative to Last.fm? Or is it meant to be the "last.fm-like" extension for the GNU Social experience? Or none of it? But then what exactly?

F.