librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] Gitorious moved to GitLab

From: anatoly techtonik
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] Gitorious moved to GitLab
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 09:27:04 +0300

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Matt Lee <address@hidden> wrote:

Are you adding Gratipay to your own GNU FM site, or do you want to see it on Libre.fm?

Actually, I just wanted to hit a button to give my $0.1 to the open source Last.fm alternative.

The same info in that webpage is in gnufm_install.txt in the root of the repo.

I don't see how adding a static page would be a violation. In our case, we do use PHP to load a couple of libraries but the content is 100% static. If you did this, I wouldn't consider it a violation. But I'm no lawyer.

I am not a lawyer as well, but Smarty templates and pages are a part of web application, and if you load the libraries that's 100% that your code is tainted by AGPL and you need to make your source public. Still, I thought you are affiliated somehow with GNU organization and could ask people from there to comment. That will make this case more useful for other people who may find it from the net.
--
anatoly t.