librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] Contribute to the project

From: Rob Myers
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] Contribute to the project
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 15:38:13 -0700

On 05/09/15 12:05 AM, Blaise Alleyne wrote:
> On 04/09/15 05:55 PM, a. nonymous wrote:
>> But someone would have to clue me in on where I can grab the code and
>> commit my own. (And possibly also how to set up a testing environment
>> or set up an environment accessible for all devs interested. Although
>> I suppose that would get messy?)
>>

> +1
>
> Better instructions on this seem like the #1 priority for the project IMHO, so
> that new contributors actually know how to get involved!
>
> It seems very hard for the project to get any momentum when it's so difficult
> and not at all obvious how to get involved or contribute.

I'm working on updating this. As my last email mentioned, I've moved the
dependencies to composer, please see the new installation instructions here:

https://github.com/foocorp/gnu-fm/blob/develop/gnufm_install.txt

Next I'll create a Docker setup.

I've updated the getting started page at gnu.io:

https://gnu.io/fm/developers/

And I'm also restoring the wiki -

https://bugz.foocorp.net/w/projects/libre.fm/getting_started_with_librefm_development/

There's some background knowledge required (creating a database, setting
up an Apache host). If people need a guide to that (or if anything else
is missing or unclear) please let me know.

- Rob.