libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] SFD Toronto Venue

From: Bob Jonkman
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] SFD Toronto Venue
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:23:57 -0400

Hi Blaise: Book from 9am to 5pm, gives us time to get set up and clean up.

The tentative schedule:

10:00am - 10:50am : What is Free Software (Sergio Durigan Jr.)
11:00am - 11:50am : Free Software in Musical Performance (Blaise Alleyne)
11:50am - 1:00pm : Lunch [either everyone fends for themselves, or we
make a bulk order for pizza or something. Panago Pizza was really good
at the I2Pcon last weekend]
1:00pm - 1:50pm : Lightning talks (Rudolf) [We need to set the format
for this. 3x 15m talks? 4x 10m? Also, put out a call for presentations]
2:00pm - 2:50pm : E-mail privacy with Free Software (Bob Jonkman)
2:50pm - 3:00pm : Formal Keysigning [ as per
http://sobac.com/wiki/index.php/Formal_Keysigning - need to advertise
for participants]
3:00pm - 4:00pm : Workshop: Installing Free Software Privacy Tools:
GnuPG, Thunderbird, Enigmail (Bob Jonkman)

Also, from 11:00am - 4:00pm Laurel Russwurm will be showing Free
Culture movies (is that the right time? Maybe start movies at noon?)

And importantly, we need to get some posters out there.  TorontoCrypto
had some really good posters for the I2P conference, see
https://torontocrypto.org/blog/2015/08/13/getting-ready-for-i2pcon.html
Some of these were actual poster size, many were folio (11"x17"); I'm
sure there were postcards and flyers too.  There is artwork on the SFD
site: http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/Promote

I have two SFD folio posters from 2013 we can use to decorate the
room. Happily, they're undated.

- --Bob.

Bob Jonkman <address@hidden>          Phone: +1-519-635-9413