libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] Mumble meeting Fri, 24 June 2016 at 9:00pm EDT

From: Bob Jonkman
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] Mumble meeting Fri, 24 June 2016 at 9:00pm EDT
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 02:13:33 -0400

Hi Everyone: I've finished editing the audio file of our meeting, and
it's available at the meeting notes:

https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Ontario/Meeting_Notes#24_June_2016

Sadly, we weren't very diligent about speaking Allan's text messages,
and it turns out Mumble won't record the text-to-speech from the text
channel. So Allan's words weren't recorded. Even more sadly, I made a
poor choice for my Push-To-Talk keystroke (I picked F1), so when the
chat was mostly over and I was using some other application, and then
wanted to chat again, holding down the F1 key opened a gazillion Help
windows for that application, and totally locked up my laptop. So I
lost the text in the text channel, and can't even include that in the
meeting notes.

Some people provided some valuable links in the text channel; can you
post them to the mailing list?

I said I would go through the recording to make written meeting notes,
but I haven't had time to do that, and probably won't for many days.
If someone else could make some written notes that would be dandy.

What I remember off the top of my head is:

1) Domain names: We'll ask Sergio Durigan Jr., our Hostmaster[1], to
set the three domain names (libreplanet.ca, libreplanton.ca,
libreplanetontario.ca) so they're all aliases for our Wiki page
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Ontario (but this will
take a bit more jiggery-pokery than just an A record in DNS). Greg
Wright can point the NS records for libreplanetontario.ca to the DNS
server that Sergio uses. (Greg and Sergio should contact each other
off-list to make this happen)

1a) Sergio will host most services on his server, although I'm happy
to continue hosting audio files for an eventual podcast.

1b) libreplanet.ca will be the canonical domain name. Chapters will be
a subdomain (so http://ontario.libreplanet.ca should also alias to
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Ontario ) Services will
be set up as subdomains for ease of administration. So, we'll
eventually have nextcloud.libreplanet.ca, gnusocial.libreplanet.ca,
gitlab.libreplanet.ca and any others. We can start with
podcast.libreplanet.ca -- I'll chat with Sergio off-list to set this up.

2) Podcasts: Stephen Paul Weber (singpolyma) has a redo script to
create a podcast .rss file from folders of audio files. I've
git-cloned it; just need to figure out how to make it work. I'll
contact Stephon off-list about it. Script stuff at
https://github.com/singpolyma/redo-podcast

3) Lots of discussion on our Free/Libre Canadian Tax Prepartion
Software Project, now fondly known as FLCTPSP. There's a wiki page to
coordinate the project's activities at
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Ontario/FLCTPSP  Blaise
had a link to a mailing list, which I managed to lose in a hail of
help windows.

If anyone can provide corrections, additions, changes &c. please put
them in the Wiki meeting notes!

- --Bob.

[1] RFC 2142 (hostmaster): https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2142#section-7

- --