libreplanet-ca-on

[lp-ca-on] tax software name

From: Greg Knittl
Subject: [lp-ca-on] tax software name
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:58:03 -0400

We also need to supply a product name in the applicaiton. Bob's handy Free/Libre Canadian Tax Prepartion Software Project, now fondly known as FLCTPSP has the advantage of being descriptive and
I would suspect it's immune to trademark attacks!!!

I Googled LibreTax and came up with some hits in the States.
There are only a few French-English countries in the world - Cameroon comes to mind. How about a French-English name such as ImpôtLibreTax? There are no Google hits.

This is the first attempt and we'll be lucky to get anything certified. Bob's name would be fine to get started if we want to ponder this further. We can always change names next year. It does raise the
question of whether we need to file for trademark.

Greg