libreplanet-dev

Re: [Libreplanet-dev] Examples of campaign pages and Semantic Mediawiki

From: Peter
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-dev] Examples of campaign pages and Semantic Mediawiki queries for locations
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 20:31:42 +0000

On Wednesday 27 May 2009 16:42, John Sullivan wrote:
> So, check out:
>
> http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Group:EndSoftwarePatents
>
> and
>
> http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Massachusetts
>
> These two pages give examples of how we users can affiliate themselves
> with specific campaigns, and be listed dynamically, and also how they
> can be listed dynamically by location.

That's a start. You don't like setting up a registration page instead? That
way you can setup a campaign query that automatically updates the campaigns
they register with in the profile or user form. I think the pages should
contain the propeties, while the other pages the queries.

> Things are a bit messy right now since we have both the user page and
> the user/profile page, but I think we can fix that once the profile
> generator is nice -- we can suggest that people use it to generate their
> user page directly. It would be nice if the list-generating queries
> could look for the badge on either the user's page or their profile
> page, but I don't think that's possible.

I think the query will examine category subpages when looking for properties,
may also apply to other namespaces.

> Also cacheing right now is preventing the lists from being updated until
> the page is edited again, but we'll fix that.

A worthwhile tradeoff?

btw, I there is a Page/Subpages template which simulates the subpages
function. However, it must be present in both the parent and subpages to
work.

Regards,

Peter