libreplanet-dev

Re: [Libreplanet-dev] Updates to copyright assignment text; new extensio

From: Peter
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-dev] Updates to copyright assignment text; new extensions: MultiPages and SubPageList3
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:56:30 +0000

On Tuesday 09 June 2009 21:22, Danny Clark wrote:

> (4) I tried installing
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SubPageFunctions but got this:

my bad. Those errors are caused by debugging code.

> The "See Also" section of the page points to
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SubPageList3 as "a more flexible
> extension" - this is now installed and does not cause all of the
> mediawiki to barf php error messages. If someone has a big preference
> for SubPageFunctions for some reason, please fix the code and point me
> at a new tarball.

Done.

http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/File:Subpagefunctions.tar.bz2

Current release is 0.0.3.

Note: SubPageList3 is a tag and useful when page editing. SubPageFunctions is
a function, which is more suited to templates. It's therefore conceivable
that both can coexist until one proves better than the other.

Two further requests:

1- Enable DISPLAYTITLE.

This can be done in LocalSettings.php
 $wgAllowDisplayTitle=true;

This will not change its default behaviour, but optionally allow users to
create a title independently from the page name. Used in templates.

2- Add the ParserFunctions extension.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions

This is extremely useful in creating flexible templates and forms.

Regards,

Peter