libreplanet-dev

Re: [Libreplanet-dev] Semantic Mediawiki example

From: Peter
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-dev] Semantic Mediawiki example
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 00:32:30 +0000

> Ah, no problem.   So, what are the next steps?
>
> If you give me a template to work from, I'd be happy to start applying
> it to different campaigns and groups.

With semantic forms, there is more than just a template,

Each form may contain:

1- One or more (optionally repeating) templates.

2- Each template may contain zero or more properties.

3- Each property must be of either a built-in or user defined type and may be
a sub-property of a more general property. (location -> region -> city ->
capital)

4- Each type must be representable as an input field, or page type.

Additionally,

A- every type, property, template, and form page must be created in their
respective namespaces.

B- a form should have no more than one category.

C- Both the category and property page may optionally define a default form
(note the possible recursion) which may be used to create/edit a new/existing
page.

Finally,

I have created a menubar template that generates page names for the menu links
and invokes forms for red-links. Because the template is included in forms,
members can 'grow' the group pages as needed and users can navigate the
group.

.... while all this may seem complex, the design is relatively modular and
recursive ....

1- Define the page and menu links
2- for each linked-to page, goto 1

The page definition procedure is:

1- Create all the (non-existent) type pages

2- Create all the (non-existent) property pages and optionally associate forms

3- Create all the template pages

4- Create the category page and optionally associate a default form

5- Create the form page

6- If it doesn't exist, add the new menu option to an existing page

The first step would be to agree where the group management links (create,
delete, move) should be located. Then define the 'create group' form fields,
create the type, property, template, and form pages, and finally test it. We
can skip the menubar template because it is trivial to include and tweak
later.

Alternatively, I started a project at

http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:LibrePlanet/Development/Project

and submitted a proposal at

http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:LibrePlanet/Development/Proposal/Website

My views have changed slightly since then, but the substance is essentially
the same.

> On 11/4/09 7:09 AM, Peter wrote:
> > Apologies Holmes,
> >
> > My mailer missed this email, I found it in the archives
> >
> > Date:    Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:01:42 -0400
> >
> >> Hi Peter,
> >>
> >>   Do you think you'd have enough of a handle on this to propose a draft
> >
> > definition (if that's what it's called)? We could then try using it for a
> > few groups, and unearth weaknesses in definition as we go.
> >

> > That is a great idea. I have been using my own website for development
> > and would welcome testing in real situations. I initially setup the
> > LibrePlanet group for this, but any group(s) will do.
> >
> >> -Holmes

Regards,

Peter