libreplanet-dev

[Libreplanet-dev] Work cycle, and SMW issues

From: John Sullivan
Subject: [Libreplanet-dev] Work cycle, and SMW issues
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 17:36:42 -0700

We did a good round of work on libreplanet.org today -- see
http://www.fsf.org/news/celebrate-software-freedom-day-with-the-libreplanet-community.

Squashed some bugs, organized some pages, made progress in the overall
site structure.

One SMW issue we're dealing with right now is on the Profile_Page
form/template. Even for fields that are not mandatory, it still
complains about an empty string. You can see an example of the result at
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Jwoof, which shows "warning.pngEmpty
strings are not accepted." in some fields.

Any ideas on how to fix this? The form that generates that page is at
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Form:Profile_Page.

Any support jumping in to help organize groups and pages via SMW
properties would be most welcome. Our main focus right now is on giving
individuals ways to describe their interests and location, and search
tools to help find other people with those interests and location.

Thanks,
--
John Sullivan
Free Software Foundation