libreplanet-dev

Re: [Libreplanet-dev] [libreplanet-discuss] GNU Developer Network needs

From: David Gumberg
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-dev] [libreplanet-discuss] GNU Developer Network needs the Code extension.
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 19:38:17 -0700

Not necessarily, but that's where I'm starting, it is is going to be similar to the mozilla developer network. A friendly, wiki-based method of education about those languages and tools with example source, example output, best practices, use cases, etc. Whereas the existing documentation serves a purpose a lot closer to reading the Specifications of the C language than "teaching it". Only serving to be helpful to seasoned developers, making the C Language (and other GCC Languages) a lot scarier/overwhelming to learn. Microsoft sort of provides this for the C language with their MSDN C documentation, and this is obviously going to be in direct competition with that (IMHO showing that community-powered open source wiki documentation prevails over their proprietary/closed alternative.)

Also, the extension is very small in terms of hard drive usage, and resource usage, and will have nearly no effect on Libreplanet. It will just take a minute or two for a sysadmin to paste it into the extensions folder and *boom*.