libreplanet-dev

How to start a LibrePlanet Group in my local university

From: Wenyuan Jiang
Subject: How to start a LibrePlanet Group in my local university
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 16:19:53 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hi Everyone,

I am Wenyuan Jiang, an undergraduate at Tongji University, Shanghai, China and
a new associate member of FSF. I am writing to seek help for starting a
LibrePlanet Group in my local university.

In my university, there are quite a few students who are interested in the
concepts given by FSF and LibrePlanet. We have a Club for open source software
users (Tongji Open Source Association, TOSA, https://github.com/opentj), but
sadly we currently do not have a group/club for FREE SOFTWARE. Several friends
of mine have  given some presentations about FREE SOFTWAREs and FSF at TOSA,
and we received positive feedback from the audiences (mostly freshmen in the
CS/SE department).

We are planning to start a small group in our university to inform the students
about FREE SOFTWARE, and offer help to them in getting and using free software.
However, since we are not native English speakers, we find it difficult to
follow the guide in https://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Teams/New, so I am
writing this email to seek assistance.

School of Software Engineering Tongji University
4800 Cao'an Hwy, Jiading District, Shanghai, China

Tel:+86 19821236351
Email:1951510@tongji.edu.cn