Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free as in Freedom Access to Hardware (was: GA

From: Patrick Anderson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free as in Freedom Access to Hardware (was: GAMING COLLECTIVE: Anybody play Ryzom?)
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 14:01:36 -0600

Richard Stallman wrote:
> Maintaining security on a shared computer works like
> a police state.  However, nowadays people use personal
> computers which don't raise the same issue.

This thread is specifically about sharing hardware among
many Users to compete with Capitalist offerings.

We must also learn to share the physical interconnects
currently supplied by Capitalist ISPs who want to stop us
and spy on us and subjugate us in many ways.

These questions are difficult but the answers will be worth
the trouble because it solves so many problems to which
we currently have no solutions.

Users already pay all the Costs of production anyway, and
Users already suffer "police state" control of current owners.

But if Users co-own the Means of Production and accept the
Product itself as the return on investment, then they will pay
*only* the Costs, while Profit will be undefined.

And if Users co-own the Means of Production, each group
will still fight among themselves about how to control and
schedule access to that hardware, but they will not be remote-
controlled by absentee-landlords and shareholders who
demand Users be subjugated to increase Profit.

Sincerely,
Patrick Anderson
http://ImputedProduction.BlogSpot.com