[libreplanet-discuss] Free software programming

From: Trad Kildani
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Free software programming
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 07:55:08 +0000 (UTC)

Hello there!
I'm someone interested in programming in general and free software in particular. I want to become a free software developer but don't know where  to start.
I have a Bachelor's degree in mathematics and have programmed in C for a some time in the past (I've written several small programs), and have some knowledge of Python, but I can by no means considered a professional programmer.

I do have a reasonable amount of maturity and knowledge of how computer programs 'work',and the rudiments of programming: basic data structures, flow statements ... etc, and I have the interest and readiness to learn something new.

So in short, I want some guidance as to how and where to start assuming for the beginning that I'm a complete novice.

many thanks.