Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free HTML5 templates

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free HTML5 templates
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:24:36 -0400

On 09/14/2015 08:37 PM, David Hedlund wrote:
> 100% free "HTML5" video templates compatible with IceCat should be
> distributed and recommended. I don't know where to find anything like
> this, should we make and distribute them here on libreplanet.org?

In addition to collecting templates, you may want to add some links to
useful resources.

Mozilla has some nice examples of using audio and video tags:
*
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Supported_media_formats>.

Their resources are published under the CC BY-SA 2.5 or (at your option)
any later version. Please note they ask you to preserve certain notices,
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/MDN/About#Copyrights_and_licenses>.

The Wikipedia pages are pretty useful:

* <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_Ogg_formats_in_HTML5>
* <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5_video#.3Cvideo.3E_element_examples>

Whatwg is well organized and pretty easy to follow if you are
comfortable reading specs:

* <https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/embedded-content.html#video>

I think video.js might have some docs and code samples that could be
useful for when crafting templates:

* <http://www.videojs.com/>
--
Joshua Gay