[libreplanet-discuss] uBlock "dropped" unlike uBlock Origin

From: David Hedlund
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] uBlock "dropped" unlike uBlock Origin
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 12:23:40 +0200

"There is an idea floating around that uBlock Origin is a lesser branch relative to uBlock.

The current reality is that there are two branches, not an official one and a lesser one. I keep developing my branch the same way and in the same spirit I have since the beginning of uBlock in June 23, 2014, so in substance uBlock Origin is the original uBlock." - Raymond Hill

As of May 2015, "uBlock Origin" continues to be actively developed and maintained by founder and lead developer Raymond Hill, but he has withdrawn his support for "uBlock", citing "serious incompatibilities in the spirit of the project". The "uBlock" version of the software has seen little development since.