Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Reverse Engineering

From: Fabio Pesari
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Reverse Engineering
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 14:16:14 +0100

On 02/06/2016 01:47 PM, Esteban Enrique wrote:
> I know the goal isn't to cater to the general population but to promote
> freedom, but making freedom accessible seems to be an important issue
> for me at least.

With libre hardware designs, anybody with a 3D printer and some skills
to assemble computers could just build their own cheap laptops and sell
them with a free user-friendly GNU/Linux distro like Trisquel
preinstalled. No need to rely on the big hardware manufacturers anymore,
to pay Microsoft or to care about things like UEFI and DRM!