Re: [libreplanet-discuss] F-Droid's Antifeatures

From: Andres
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] F-Droid's Antifeatures
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 21:13:12 +0000

El 6 de febrero de 2016 16:31:50 GMT+00:00, Fabio Pesari <fabiop@gnu.org> escribió:
On 02/06/2016 04:06 PM, Andrés Muñiz Piniella wrote:
trisquel 7.0 does not do it AFAIK.
Trisquel does not distribute programs that have what F-Droid calls "antifeatures", AFAIK, except perhaps those which support external services like Pidgin (but do not require any nonfree software or assets) and of course, some programs are patched to remove malicious features.
I was refering to the ones that support external services like that. In F-droid you get a warning on some apps like *Tinfoil for twitter* because it requires login. While *Twidere* does not give the same warning. So maybe there is some technicality that is different and so most probably something I am missing.
I use Parabola at the moment so if there is someone who uses Trisquel and can prove me wrong, I'd like to know.
Yes you are right. It has apps that support external propietary services and no warnings. Only technical specifications. At least in the synaptic package manager. This is where f-droid exceeds. I run trisquel-mini so I do not have the softwarecentre.
There even an emacs twitter mode See bellow.

Twitter client for Emacs
You can check friends timeline, and update your status on Emacs.

The feature of twittering-mode:
* Activities on Twitter
* Viewing various timelines
* Friends' timeline