Re: [libreplanet-discuss] SIP

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] SIP
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 08:19:59 +0100

On 14/03/16 07:33, Julien Kyou wrote:
> Does anyone know a cheap or *gratis* SIP Provider that also respects
> freedom?
>
> I am considering ditching my cell plan for Ring, this may not seem
> practical but in my case I think it might be.

Have you seen the details about SIP providers (and running your own SIP
proxy) in the RTC Quick Start Guide[1]?

It is worth remembering that any SIP provider with inbound phone numbers
is under the control of regulations in each country where they operate
and those regulations do not prioritize freedom.  The only way around
that is to use federated solutions based on email addresses or genuine
peer-to-peer (like Ring or Tox).

Regards,

Daniel

1. http://rtcquickstart.org/