[libreplanet-discuss] faif alternative to AP ENPS for BBC

From: amunizp
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] faif alternative to AP ENPS for BBC
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 08:16:38 +0000

Hello,

Speaking to someone who works in BBC I have been told that they are currently
using the Associated Press software called enps:

http://www.enps.com/

This seems to be a package that takes news wires from Journalists and producers
can filter as they see fit and add to schedules to be presented.  Such as those
'Breaking news banners' in the bottom of news screens on tv.

It seems that they are looking for alternative. From looking at the specs it
seems to only run on windows server and require Internet explorer (!). I
thought this type of software was extinct!

http://www.enps.com/pages/technical_overview/hardware_and_software_requirements

Does anybody know of alternatives?
Andres (he/him/his)
Ham United Group