Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What do you think about calling free systems a

From: Julien Kyou
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What do you think about calling free systems as "GNU" systems (even if there is no GNU or Linux-libre)?
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 06:31:09 -0400

For me GNU was one of the guiding lights to freedom. It was a long journey as the meanings of free and GNU and the terms FOSS and FLOSS were all hazy until I saw them discussed here on the mailing list.

Thanks for that.

Here is my POV:
Using GNU as a descriptor 'even in the absence of GNU for freedom respecting distros' feels right to me, its not credit its a brand. GNU = Freedom, Should be true.

That's my view despite all the excellent counterpoints made.