Re: [libreplanet-discuss] RFC - "Like GNU" computer refurbish program.

From: Andri Effendi
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] RFC - "Like GNU" computer refurbish program.
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 06:43:00 +0000

Hi,

I think Ideally this sounds really cool both for affordability and for
the environment.

BUT, There is a HUGE But.

Won't spooks take advantage of this?
Won't they donate compromised hardware?

Especially since these will be given to Journalists, Activists and
Students which are the Prime Targets of Spooks.

How can you absolutely guarantee and verify 100% of every single device
your receive will be Bug Free and Compromise Free?

Because if your device has been hacked, modified, you will never know.

How can we be certain that this won't put Journalists, Activists and
Students lives in danger?

Kind Regards,
--
Andri Effendi <fusionman133@gmx.de>
Organiser of The Free Software Movement in Sydney

GPG fingerprint: 8438 138D ECDA 05E0 591F  F2B4 4721 0F03 AC24 DF73
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted.