Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Dev] QTWebengine is nonfree

From: Kees Epema
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Dev] QTWebengine is nonfree
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 17:14:15 +0000

As far as I know the "Links" text browser is completely free software and does
not rely on Webkit and Gecko.
It has some disasvantages as no support for Flash and Java.
And are you sure webkit has not a free software version? I think it does.
https://webkit.org/
If for privacy concerns, I belive both browsers will store cookies and browsing
history by default.

On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 09:31:00 +0000
Lyberta <lyberta@lyberta.net> wrote:

> Does Gecko pass free software guidelines? On Android I use Firefox from
> F-Droid repository and the app page says the following:
>
> * This app promotes non-free add-ons
> * This app tracks and reports your activity
> * The upstream source code is not entirely free
>
> And if not Gecko, what browsers/engines are completely free?

---
Groet,

Kees Epema
Rosa Spierweg 20
9408EV Assen
T: 06 100 66 878
M: keesepema@linuxmail.org

Protect your privacy and encrypt your messages.
Add my key to your keyring:
PGP key: http://osmigratie.nl/cwe.asc