[libreplanet-discuss] BeagleBone Black

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] BeagleBone Black
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 19:48:39 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a BeagleBone Black for various projects, mainly
because it can be used with fully free software (according to
https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers).

However, I cannot find instructions on how to run the BeagleBone on fully
free software (ie: disable the graphics accelerator / video decoding
hardware, and run all video decoding on the CPU). I imagine it is as simple
as removing certain pieces of software from the installation image, but I
can't find any guide that says exactly what should be removed.

Does anyone have any experience with this and could point me in the right
direction as to what needs to be removed?

Thanks,
Andrew