Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Global Legal Hackathon 2018-02-23

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Global Legal Hackathon 2018-02-23
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 19:37:16 -0200

> At first glance I think there's a good chance to pitch a project at
> this event to hack on. Maybe an improvement on a license? Or
> developing an easy-to-use app to easily apply a libre license to a new
> piece of software, and to easily parse licensing information from
> other programs? What about hacking together a viable and practical
> business strategy on how a law firm can become an strong advocate for
> libre software? Just a few off the top of my head.
>
> What do you think? Or am I completely off the mark? Love to know your
> thoughts.

Interesting event and ideas indeed.

I wish I could go to some of the hosts in Florianópois (SC, Brazil) but
my current finantial dependency on other person makes matters complicated.

Also, I don't know if the registration would succeed, or what are the
requirements, but unless I'm mistaken I might not be able to participate
because I lack an actual lawyer grade. This year I intend to receive my
Bachelor's degree on organization management, but not one related to
law.

Finally, I find it very strange that a site for a legal hackathon pays
no attention to the JavaScript trap, let alone LibreJS
compatibility/markup. Still, the site itself is browseable, but their
choice of "event registration app/site" (ugh) makes things complicated
(I would have gone for an e-mail based contact rather than a website).

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com