Re: [libreplanet-discuss] minifree.org is blocked from access by CDN’s

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] minifree.org is blocked from access by CDN’s nonfree software
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 21:47:17 +0100

Hi,

This is the fault of my hosting provider, which has imposed this on
me. I've complained about it to them, asking them to get rid of it.
Alas, I will very likely be changing to a new hosting provider (or
I'll self-host minifree.org) as soon as possible.

On 01/05/18 21:14, Dmitry Alexandrov wrote:
> Leah Rowe <info@gluglug.org.uk> wrote:
>> I have a new system with GNU+Linux and Libreboot (free BIOS)
>> preinstalled which I'd like you all to review.

>> There's no need for me to repeat product info in an email, so
>> the product itself is here if you want to have a look:
>> https://minifree.org/product/libreboot-x200-tablet/
>
> Dear Leah,
>
> these are wonderful news, yet while trying to explore them, I
> discovered unpleasant info instead:
>
> | minifree.org | | is protected by Imunify360 | | We have noticed
> an unusual activity from your IP 213.87.160.73 and | blocked access
> to this website.
>
> N. B.  I even was not connected via TOR, just tried to came here
> from mobile.
>
> | Please confirm that you are not a robot
>
> and *no* any visible CAPTCHA.
>
> Lists of hosts, that tries to push programs to my browser and run
> them there suggests me, that there should be Google’s reCAPTCHA — a
> piece of *nonfree* software.
>
> This is quite unhappy, that even minifree.org was not managed to
> avoid that cancer of the today’s Web.

- --
Leah Rowe

Please help me fund my Gender Reassignment Surgery!
https://vimuser.org/surgery/

Libreboot developer and project founder.

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free BIOS - https://libreboot.org/
Use a free operating system, GNU+Linux.

Support computer user freedom
https://sfconservancy.org/
https://fsf.org/ - https://gnu.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: https://minifree.org/