Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Direct data and derived data: chance for a dat

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Direct data and derived data: chance for a data GPL?
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 02:43:06 +0200

(Sorry for top-posting, due to handeld appliance)

Databases are "a set" of informations, and copyright applies on that collection
as whole, and moreover on its structure.

Just take a look at OpenStreetMap and its licence.

Regarding personal data, it *should* be owned by individuals themselves on
their own data, but thats not the case.

Just take a look at phone numbers databases, or mail adresses, that are a very
expensive business.

And, regarding americans, anything reliable to insurance.

Best regards,
TSFH