Re: [libreplanet-discuss] FSF has begun a search for a new president

From: Lori Nagel
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] FSF has begun a search for a new president
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 01:37:16 +0000 (UTC)

   RMS did get paid for making speeches, even though he didn't get a
   president's salary.  I could easily imagine someone doing it for free.
   People will do anything for fame and notoriety, as long as money is
   coming from somewhere else to pay for that person's living expenses.

   [2]https://www.fsf.org/news/richard-m-stallman-resigns),
   > It would be a shame if the FSF made a compromise where they favored
   sating a desire for identity politics…
   > I hope they'll pick someone who is deeply informed about free
   software, and who possesses a sharp, critical stance in defense of
   software freedom.
   As far as I am aware, for the years of Dr. Stallman’s presidency, that
   position was a full-time occupation with a salary of round 0 (zero)
   dollars per month (or per year, I am not sure :-).
   Where should they search for a person of that kind to fill such a
   vacancy, I wonder.  Or is this practice subject to change?