Re: Cameras without freedom issues

From: Marcus Wilson
Subject: Re: Cameras without freedom issues
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 15:55:18 -0600

Hi Roberto,

Hope that your week is off to a decent start.

I haven't seen a RYF certification for a camera yet, but there are a
few hardware and a bios project that I've heard about.

These are the two hardware projects, they look to be aimed digital
video cameras.
Axiom https://www.apertus.org/axiom-beta-status
Octopus http://octopuscinema.com/

Cannon's firmware has a hacking community.  They've been around for
several years.
About Project Page - https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/CHDK_in_Brief
Project Download Site -  http://www.mighty-hoernsche.de

All of the linked sites rendered without issue with JavaScript disabled.

I hope that helps you out!

Have a great day,

Marcus