Re: Stop the .org domain registry from being sold to a private for profi

From: Federico Leva (Nemo)
Subject: Re: Stop the .org domain registry from being sold to a private for profit company
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 00:46:12 +0200

Greg Farough, 13/12/19 21:59:
The FSF was one of the original organizational signers of this petition, and
we're keeping a close eye on things. I'm glad to see it brought up here.

Indeed. I'm afraid a lot of orgs do not know yet about this matter, we need all the outreach possible. Why not have 5000 institutional signatures on that letter?

Out of the top 5000 .org domains in the Tranco list, I removed those who had already signed (a few weeks ago) and those without MX records and I got this:
https://framabin.org/p/?dbaa78dc8a49f181#5hwIE2C0i1QunV90sC7U3AOG4fJHmA8gYyiT+9+Ukzs=

For those looking for details, I usually direct people to Sj's summary:
https://blogs.harvard.edu/sj/2019/12/02/the-dot-org-fire-sale-sold-for-half-its-valuation/

Federico