Re: virtual meetings

From: Hector Espinoza
Subject: Re: virtual meetings
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 11:51:57 -0500

   Hi!
   I would like to share my experience during the last few weeks.
   I am university professor. I teach Fluid Machinery, Heat Transfer and
   Computatinal Fluid Dynamics in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia.
   I have a concurrent group of 40+ students. I have been using jitsi meet
   sucessfully. I mainly use Audio in/out, Chatt text in/out, Screen
   sharing in/out, Window Sharing in/out, GIMP window sharing to share
   sketches out.
   Out: from professor (me) to students.
   I connect using a laptop+headset+mouse+keyboard+29inch FHD monitor
   running Fedora with Firefox+GIMP+Evince+Gedit. Sometimes I use
   smartphone+headset running Android with jitsi meet app.
   Students connect using laptops, desktops and smart phones.
   Laptop/desktop run windows and mac with Chrome and Firefox. Smartphones
   run Android and iOS with jitsi meet app.
   We have very good audio quality, good latency and smooth teaching
   experience.
   Hector Espinoza
   PS: I have not had time to set up a jitsi server (jitsi videobridge) in
   my city, so I use the free server located in USA called us-east
   [1]meet.jit.si

   El lun., 11 de may. de 2020, 10:36, Paul Sutton