Re: Sacrifices made for Free Software

From: Paul Sutton
Subject: Re: Sacrifices made for Free Software
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 19:31:12 +0100

On 29/07/2020 15:59, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
> LM, 29/07/20 14:11:
>> I really don't understand, why is the FSF petitioning schools (
>> https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/sign-this-petition-for-freedom-in-the-classroom
>> ) to use Free Software if there is no available Free Software
>> alternative for what they're specifically looking for
>
> Uh? What are they looking for, that doesn't have a free software
> alternative?
>
> Federico

In the UK I guess on main piece of software is SIMS,  this is a school
management software system seems to have been around for decades.  so it
helps to manage all sorts of essential school, and student data.

probably also integrates with local education authority databases too,
sufficient to say, windows only and very tied in to that.  I think it is
probably quite expensive too.

Paul