Re: How do you advocate a City agency use libre software?

From: Aaron E-J
Subject: Re: How do you advocate a City agency use libre software?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 22:24:35 -0500

   That is great, thanks for sharing.  I new about data.gov and I new that
   there were some initiatives to open source some government programs but
   this looks like a hold new level.
Aaron E-J
The Other Realm
[1]http://otherrealm.org
[2]http://theotherrealm.org (Blog)

   On 2020-12-17 12:44 AM, Jean Louis wrote:

* Don Saklad [3]<dsaklad@gnu.org> [2020-12-17 02:27]:

How do you advocate a City agency use libre software?

For example at
[4]https://www.cambridgema.gov/DHSP/programsforadults/seniorscouncilonaging

If I remember well US software shall be free software as it is paid by
US citizen. So use those facts.

[5]https://code.gov/

[6]https://code.gov/browse-projects?&page=2&size=10&sort=data_quality

Demand that free software is used because of what is already written
at other authoritative government agencies.