Re: New animated video: Fight to Repair (alternative storylines)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: New animated video: Fight to Repair (alternative storylines)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 19:26:21 +0300

Only regarding to following statement, let me add my comment:

* Adam Van Ymeren <adam@vany.ca> [2021-01-21 18:54]:
> It's theoretically possible for a proprietary software vendor to
> make a piece of software that is more secure and more stable than a
> given piece of free software. But a proprietary vendor can never,
> by definition, produce a piece of software that is as _free_ as a
> free software.

Yes, theoretically and practically it is possible to make a statement
by proprietors that their proprietary software is more secure and more
stable, but unless source code is available then no third party and no
user of software can verify it to be so.

If source code of proprietary software is not available for
verification and building, which is more often the case, then
statements cannot be proven by third parties or users.

Jean Louis