Re: Support RMS

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 19:54:09 -0500

Aaron Wolf <wolftune@riseup.net> writes:

> Ali,
>
> I agree with your concerns here, and I have seen many unfair accusations.

No you don't.  You are not even addressing his concerns.

> However, we must be sure not to dismiss other concerns. In Deb's recent
> reply, she didn't repeat any of the unfair exaggerated accusations. We
> can grapple with the more subtle nuanced issues without assuming all
> critics are the most extreme ones. Even people who signed the Open
> Letter (which I saw as grossly unreasonable in some regards) are not all
> people who would have written the language exactly that way (which is
> one of the problems with open letters, people feel pressured to sign to
> signal general agreement and there's not much room to express nuance or
> a mix of agreement and disagreement).

She is repeating the same blablabla in other words.  Diplomacy does not
cover for the harassment.  It is better that she'd rude but sincere than
diplomatic and false.

If she feels bad here, it is wise to become part of another group, not
to try to take over this group or to sabotage the cause of freedom by
dividing people here.  We know how she feels.  She knows how we feel.
No consensus, no work together.  That's it!