Re: Blind user complaining on Adobe web site

From: Greg Knittl
Subject: Re: Blind user complaining on Adobe web site
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:55:14 -0400

Hi Arthur,

I'm not blind or disabled myself. I do note that the Canada Revenue Agency (similar to US IRS) makes tax forms available in etext. e.g. https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/cra-arc/formspubs/pbg/5006-r/5006-r-20e.txt I think their theory is that these forms are more likely to be supported by screen readers since they are just plain text.

Is it possible that the command line and fundamental focus on text files in Linux could be the standard interface you are looking for?

In the case of tax forms what's good for the blind is also good for me. The forms for the blind are laid out more sequentially and are easier to program against as well as having no PDF issues. I did actually submit my taxes on etext forms for the blind one year. Then I spent the rest of the year submitting adjustments to correct all the input errors, which makes me wonder if anyone else has ever filed on these forms...

thanks,
Greg