Re: obtaining source with Guix (was: The anti-GNU defamatory group of Lu

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: obtaining source with Guix (was: The anti-GNU defamatory group of Ludovic Courtès - Re: assessment of the GNU Assembly project)
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 10:45:09 +0300

I hope you get the point that when there is binary package on HTTP,
that such requires clear note where is the source regardless of what
user does with package manager.

Downloader need not use the package manager. I hope you understand it.

But even if package manager is used, the binary package itself has to
comply to license.

I will write about this more on WWW once I find all corresponding
links.

IMHO, whole Guix distribution does not satisfy licensing for bunch of
packages which are GPL based at least. Those BSD like licenses don't
have those requirements.

Jean

* Jacob Bachmeyer <jcb62281@gmail.com> [2021-05-03 08:04]:

--