New Hampshire (USA) may soon enshrine Software Freedom into law. YOUR HE

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: New Hampshire (USA) may soon enshrine Software Freedom into law. YOUR HELP IS NEEDED!
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 11:19:25 +0000

Hello everyone

I published an article about this on libreboot.org:

https://libreboot.org/news/usa-libre.html

There is a proposed bill going on in New Hampshire that will, if
passed, require state agencies to more or less use free software
exclusively, when they can, and facilitate its use by members of the
public.

If passed, I think many other states will pass similar legislation in
the US, and other countries outside the US may also follow. It could
have a huge positive effect on the Free Software movement as a whole.

The reading of the bill is taking place on 11 January 2022 in Concord,
New Hampshire. It is extremely important for everyone to show up, if
they live near New Hampshire!

The bill is proposed by @cooljeanius (Eric Gallager) on Twitter, and
the direct link to the bill is this:

https://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/legacy/bs2016/billText.aspx?sy=2022&id=1363&txtFormat=html

Eric has instructions on his Twitter, for how to attend the reading and
take part, and my article on libreboot.org links to Eric's instructions.

It's critical that as many pro-freedom activists show up as humanly
possible, because our *enemies* (such as Microsoft) will likely be
there aswell, but they would be opposing it.

If passed, this legislation could result in *schools* standardizing on
Free Software. It could be a total revolution that puts Free Software
into more people's hands.

I think the FSF should write a post about it, and promote it heavily.

I'd go myself, but I'm in the UK. I urge anyone who can attend, to
please attend!

--
Live free!