Re: Quick Check on COVID Lockdowns (Yasuaki Kudo)

From: Arthur Torrey
Subject: Re: Quick Check on COVID Lockdowns (Yasuaki Kudo)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:42:28 -0400 (EDT)

Here in Metro-Boston MA, US (FSF home town) there are a few places where masks
are still required, most notably our transit system (buses and subways, etc.)
and hospitals / medical facilities...  I think they also require them in K-12
schools.

Otherwise masks are optional and it seems most folks are not wearing them...
Some are, but it definitely is a question of personal preference.

Reportedly we are seeing a slight increase in the numbers of cases, but not an
extreme problem level.  The US CDC also recently started suggesting a second
booster shot for some folks although it is a bit controversial, with many
suggesting that it might be better to delay it until closer to the start of the
next flu season.

ART
Arthur Torrey - <arthur_torrey@comcast.net>