libreplanet-us-wa

Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Meeting on Saturday May 15

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Meeting on Saturday May 15
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 15:26:18 -0700 (PDT)

Aubrey Raech said:
> This is an alert that we ARE having a Libreplanet WA meeting this
> Saturday, May 15.

Isn't this Saturday May 17?

> I for one would like to talk about the recent Mozilla decision
> regarding DRM [2][3], and maybe even some of this Oracle v Google
> decision I heard about on FAIF [4], but the 'meetings' are usually
> very free-form and laid back.

These both seem like very good topic. Mozilla's announcement seems to
have generated more press coverage but the Oracle v Google is also a
good discussion. For those interested in having discussions on the
topic I strongly recommend listening to their original oggcast from
2012 [0] before the later one [1].

[0] http://faif.us/cast/2012/dec/05/0x35/
[1] http://faif.us/cast/2014/may/13/0x44/