[libunwind] Re: problem with libunwind and autoconf

From: David Mosberger
Subject: [libunwind] Re: problem with libunwind and autoconf
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:48:31 -0700

 Robert> I grabbed a copy of libunwind from unwind.bkbits.net
 Robert> yesterday. I am having trouble with autoconf and
 Robert> configure. Before I start mucking around, I'd like to know
 Robert> which version of autoconf is known to work.

 Robert> With autoconf 2.13 I get:
 Robert> autoconf: Undefined macros:
 Robert> configure.in:53 AC_CONFIG_LINKS

 Robert> With autoconf 2.54, configure complains:
 Robert> "error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in"

You need at least autoconf 2.53 (I think; I'm using 2.54 now) and
you also need automake v1.5 or newer.

However, since these versions are kind of cutting edge, I decided to
check the necessary files into bitkeeper.  I haven't tested it yet,
but in theory you should be able pull on the bitkeeper repository and
then run "configure" directly (without autoconf/automake).