[libunwind] Re: unwind problems

From: David Mosberger
Subject: [libunwind] Re: unwind problems
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 15:23:56 -0800

  Brian> Did you fix these by changing the macros to return -1 if the
  Brian> pointers are zero, or is more required?

Yes, that's basically it.  You can look at the exact diff here:

        http://unwind.bkbits.net:8080/libunwind/address@hidden

You'll see that I also started working on supporting multiple caches.
Basically, I added two new calls: set_caching_policy() and
flush_cache().  The policy can be set to global, per-thread, and none.
The latter can be useful when using libunwind to unwind in multiple
processes (as might be needed by some debuggers).

The code isn't complete yet, but you might want to take a look at it
anyhow (comments welcome).

Once the cache stuff is worked out, I'd like to revise the callback
interface to accommodate your needs, which are somewhat related to
what Rob Faught needs.