Re: [libunwind] uc_mcontext.sc_rbs_base

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] uc_mcontext.sc_rbs_base
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:54:26 -0700

  Ronald> Hi all,
  Ronald> I'm trying to compile libunwind on an ia64 machine
  Ronald> and got the following compile error:

  Ronald> ia64/Ginit-ia64.c: In function `uc_addr':
  Ronald> ia64/Ginit-ia64.c:72: structure has no member named `sc_rbs_base'

  Ronald> indeed:
  Ronald> case UNW_IA64_AR_BSP: addr = &uc->uc_mcontext.sc_rbs_base; break;

  Ronald> and my sigcontext from bits/ looks like this:

Yes, that's because of an old libc.  I think libc 2.2.x or earlier have
this problem.  2.3.x should be fine.  If you can't upgrade libc, you
could change:

        unsigned long int sc_rsvd[16];

into:

        unsigned long int sc_rbs_base;
        unsigned long int sc_loadrs;
        unsigned long int sc_ar25;
        unsigned long int sc_ar26;
        unsigned long int sc_rsvd[12];

Sorry for this problem.  One of these days, I'll get around to put in
workarounds for this issue (of course, patches are always welcome,
too).