Re: [libunwind] Missing error functions

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] Missing error functions
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:59:42 -0700

  Rob> When I link to libunwind-ia64.a (0.93) on HPUX IA64 I get the
  Rob> following errors. I see where the functions are called but not
  Rob> where they are defined. I am missing something?

  Rob> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "unw_cursor_t_is_too_small" in file
  Rob> ../tools/lib/libunwind-ia64.a[mi-init.o] ld: Unsatisfied symbol
  Rob> "unw_hash_index_t_is_too_narrow" in file
  Rob> ../tools/lib/libunwind-ia64.a[global-ia64.o] 2 errors.

This is a link-time error check, so it's intentional that
unw_hash_index_t_is_too_narrow isn't defined.  Perhaps the real
problem is that compiler optimizations have been turned off?  Without
a sufficiently high optimization level, the compiler won't recognize
the call as dead code and then you'd get a link time error.