[libunwind] Re: libunwind bugs/issues

From: David Mosberger
Subject: [libunwind] Re: libunwind bugs/issues
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:01:30 -0700

  Brian> Hi David, I think there is a bug in flush_script_cache.  The
  Brian> problem is, it only clears the ip values.  However,
  Brian> script_new assumes that a cleared ip means that the script is
  Brian> not on a hash chain, and calling it after flush_script_cache
  Brian> can lead to hash chains with loops, etc.

  Brian> I modified flush_script_cache to reset all the hash chains by
  Brian> setting cache->hash[*] to -1, and that fixed the problem.

OK, this one should be fixed now, too.  I added a test case
(test-flush-cache) to check for this bug.  To make things work in a
race-free manner with the global script cache, I had to rearrange the
locking code a bit, but I think it's actually all for the better now:
get_script_cache() now looks up and locks (if necessary) the cache,
put_script_cache() unlocks it (if necessary).

As usual, it's all in the bk repo at:

        http://unwind.bkbits.net/

Thanks,