Re: [libunwind] frame sizes

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] frame sizes
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:01:40 -0800

  Umut> Hi - Is there a way to calculate the frame sizes from the
  Umut> frame marker?

You can calculate the frame size by reading the stack pointer, calling
unw_step(), reading the stack pointer again and taking the difference.
Of course, you'll need to know which direction the stack grows and, in
case of IA-64, you'll also need to consider the register backing
store.

Why do you want this?  I'm curious, because I have been considering to
add an "is_inner" function, which would return TRUE if a cursor is
more deeply nested than another (you could then "!(is_inner(a, b) ||
is_inner(b, a))" as a frame-equality test).