Re: [libunwind] libunwind 0.93 debian packages

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] libunwind 0.93 debian packages
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:37:07 -0800

  Al> Once Matthieu and I work through some details, we'll try to get
  Al> these packages (or newer versions) uploaded into the Debian
  Al> archive itself so that 'apt-get install libunwind' will work.

That would be good, because I discovered that the existing unwinder in
GCC is hopelessly broken for uses with NPTL and hence GCC will need to
be built against libunwind.  Modulo some minor bugs (for which I have
submitted a patch), GCC for ia64 is already setup to build against
libunwind if it's installed on the host-system.  The only caveat is
that for NPTL, libunwind-0.94 will be needed (which should be coming
out any day now).