[libunwind] libunwind v0.95 released

From: David Mosberger
Subject: [libunwind] libunwind v0.95 released
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:46:20 -0800

OK, I just released v0.95 of libunwind.  You can get it at:

        ftp://ftp.hpl.hp.com/pub/linux-ia64/libunwind-0.95.tar.gz

Relative to v0.95, here are some of the main changes:

 - Fixed lots of bugs (multi-threaded apps should work a lot better,
   for example).

 - Greatly improve unwind performance on ia64 by avoiding expensive
   sigprocmask()/pthread_lock() operations (for this to work, a
   yet-to-be-released version of Hans Boehm's atomic_ops [1] package
   needs to be installed on the system, otherwise, you'll get the old
   & slow way).

 - Add a new dynamic unwind-info format called
   UNW_INFO_FORMAT_REMOTE_TABLE.  This format is identical to
   UNW_INFO_FORMAT_TABLE, except that the table is assumed to live in
   remote memory.

 - The interface of _Uia64_find_dyn_list() changed in a trivial
   manner.  I don't think this affects anyone other than gdb so far,
   but if this is causing you troubles, please let me know.

For a detailed change-log, see this URL:

  http://unwind.bkbits.net:8080/libunwind/address@hidden

Thanks to everybody who has contributed to libunwind since the last
release.  Keep those patches coming!

Enjoy,

        --david

[1]: http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/linux/qprof/