Re: [libunwind] UNW_LOCAL_ONLY

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] UNW_LOCAL_ONLY
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:23:00 -0800

  Johan> I'm not sure about the meaning of this macro.  We don't want
  Johan> to perform any remote unwinding ourselves, but we do want
  Johan> others (gdb) to be able to perform unwinding upon ourselves.

  Johan> Should I #define UNW_LOCAL_ONLY?

Good question and something I'll need to remember to document.

The answer is: it doesn't matter as far as providing dynamic unwind
info is concerned.  libunwind really consists of two parts: the part
to _interpret_ the unwind info, and the part to _provide_ dynamic
unwind info.  Only the former is affected by UNW_LOCAL_ONLY.