Re: [libunwind] Alloc and saving the return address

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] Alloc and saving the return address
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:32:59 -0800

  Johan> Do the "when" parameters have to be ordered with the lowest
  Johan> first?  Or can I store them in any order?

Another good question: they don't have to be ordered.  In general, if
you can generate the sorted order easily (e.g., without an explicit
sorting step), I'd recommend doing so because in that case, should
some version of libunwind ever require sorted order, libunwind can
verify in O(N) that the list is sorted already.  In the particular
case of the ia64-version of libunwind, a sorted order won't help,
since it always scans the instructions up to UNW_DYN_STOP.